I mentioned previously that I was attempting to read from a translation to English of the Quran. What I know from experience is that translation and transliteration are never quite the same things so in this confusion can arise. Hopefully I do not mess this up; fingers crossed! Having finished both the Bible and the Tao this is my next journey, and maybe one day I will attempt part of the Vedas. That is a further off goal!
I also chose this verse because I believe it touches on areas that would be good to gain a higher perspective or understanding from. I greatly welcome further commentary. This is no assault on any other person’s interpretation. I simply believe many get lost in the exoteric and forget that any and all spiritual texts from which religions form their foundations have an esoteric level we must graduate to.
Also please forgive my pronoun usage as this is not an affront to anyone and no harm is meant by this. I am referencing concepts of divine masculine and divine feminine within consciousness. I do not wish to be “flamed, flagged, or trolled” by anyone who feels I have unintentionally attacked them so I hope you will be understanding. I expect something though because I’ve been an online content creator since I graduated high school so I’ve seen a lifetime’s share already. Trust me you don’t want to know.
An example of this would be found in Vedic philosophy which states the masculine is defined as a preference for meaning or seeking the higher more abstract ideas (knowledge, beauty, renunciation, power, fame, and wealth) while the feminine is defined as a preference for pleasure or seeking the pure and unspoiled via relationships (reverence, servitude, friendship, parental affection, and conjugal love). These qualities are found in how we relate to self and other.
Glorify the name of your Lord, most high,
Who creates and proportions,
Who determines and directs,
Who brings out the pastures
Then reduces them to rusty rubbish.
- Lord refers to spiritual man/woman who is ruler of him/her self, of his/her faculties, and of the world. Lord consciousness is one of ascendancy. When any one of us enters into our lordship we rule our mind. We take ownership over our selves, our thoughts, our body, our environment, and all creatures or creations of the Earth.
- Earth consciousness represents the chaos of our wandering mind. This is where we find duality both external found in nature around us and internal within ourselves. The Bible tends to allegorize this via animals going in pairs into Noah’s ark. It implies the starting point in our meditation.
We shall make you recite (the Quran)
So that you will not forget it,
Unless God may please.
He knows the visible
And knows what is hidden.
- Visible likely refers to the small 10% of consciousness or mind above the surface (Conscious Mind/Drives).
- Hidden would thus infer the 90% of consciousness or mind below the surface (Subconscious or Unconscious Mind/Drives).
- If the Subconscious or Unconscious Mind/Drives direct your life you have no choice and go through life believing in concepts such as being cursed by bad luck/fate. Housed here is the entire collection of your habitual thoughts, behaviors, and actions. Conscious Mind/Drives would be where choice exists.
- Just because you are not consciously aware of this in your life does not nullify the truth that your Subconscious or Unconscious Mind/Drives has been in the driver’s seat for most of your life at the wheel of your vehicle calling all the shots.
We shall take you slowly towards ease.
So remind them
If reminder is profitable:
Those who fear will understand.
- Fear implies reverence or respect for the law of God or the I AM. The whole of your inner consciousness or inner source of life should be dedicated to your I AM.
Only the wretch will turn aside,
Who will burn
In the terrible fire,
In which he will neither die nor live.
- This is not hellfire and brimstone or a World War scenario. I do not know why other than for money people even push such ideas as it irks me to no end! I spend more time navigating “strange” topics online than is necessary which people believe in. Fire consciousness is after Water and Air consciousness. The sound of running water during meditation represents your cleansing away any confusion of your chaotic mind which only occurs when one meditates on peace within. Air consciousness is more akin to brainwave states. Air consciousness can slow the brain to theta or delta waves.
- I happen to use entrainment for this sometimes even during sleep as I have a very noisy mind that is too analytical to bypass! It is really obnoxious at times dealing with my mind. This may not work for others, but initially I found early on I would sometimes fall asleep very easy during entrainment sessions after a certain point in with the best intentions laid to stay awake. Therefore I am a constant work in progress! And as finances are tight right now I have not been as capable of supporting content creators as I would like to for new content they produce. I need to put my eye doctor first actually because vision is very important, and I need new glasses desperately!
Surely he will succeed
Who grows in goodness,
And recites the name of his Lord
And serves with devotion.
- The best way for me to explain devotion may be bhakti yoga. Loving recollection of God in life can create oneness with the Divine. Love is the most powerful or irresistible of human emotions and accessible to everyone. We all love someone or something with great fervor which makes us forget ourselves and our whole attention becomes devoted to that particular object of our adoration. The ego loses its hold over us as we focus on our beloved’s welfare more than that of our own leading to a fruitful spiritual life.
But no, you prefer the life of the world,
Though the life to come
Is better and abiding.
This is surely in the earlier Books,
The Books of Abraham and Moses.
- The life to come can be an allegory for transcendence, renewed/cosmic consciousness, or being born again. Most get trapped in materialism and lower consciousness content to remain here.
- Abraham/Abram as in Brahma.
- Moses as in a level of consciousness which is concerned with morality that serves a purpose in disciplining one’s thoughts acting as preparation for spiritual law (life/creative intelligence and wholeness).
One can find this in the divine feminine archetypes as well if they are Goddess centered in their form of worship. You simply have to choose a path that suits you best for your particular preferences or prerogatives. I tend to oscillate in life a lot which I like to blame on some astrologer’s telling me I was born on a cusp of oscillation making me more in flow between the two. And this always causes friction with those wanting to dictate how I should study or be spiritual. Which makes me wonder if they believe I am doing it all wrong.